It's what we do here.
WHAT IS CONTENT CREATION?
Content creation is taking an idea and transforming it into a piece of media that can be used for a brand or blog. Content becomes the lifeline between a business and a consumer.
If you've logged onto the internet in the last decade, then you've more than likely come across a form of content creation. (And if you haven't....we have questions.) Defined as a form of written or visual media based on an idea, content creation is an incredible way to target a specific audience. With the right content, you can ensure your business pops up on search engines and in social media feeds, offering potential consumers and viewers a glance into what makes your brand stand out from competitors.
What Makes Content so Important
Content is the difference between a potential customer browsing your blog and deciding to shop with you, or never discovering you in the first place. Whether you're blogging, making infographics, or using content marketing to promote your latest and best product, content creation is essential for success in a digital market.
Guidelines For Content Creation
There's no strict set of guidelines for content creators to follow in order to make the "best" content out there. However, there are a few things to consider to make sure your content creation delivers real value to your brand:
- Create a content plan: Much like a business plan, a content plan or strategy can keep your content on track. Know the purpose of the different pieces of content you're producing, set goals, and adjust your plan as you learn what your audience likes.
- Be open to change: The digital world changes fast. Remember when keyword stuffing was a thing? Don't be the person following SEO trends from the last millennium. ("Independence" was such a hot keyword in 1776.)
- Be transparent: Nobody likes a scam artist, and the entire world has become immune to too-good-to-be-true pitches. Offer realistic takes and be open about your business objectives and processes.
Types of Content Creation
Types of content creation are nearly infinite. From videos to blogging about a service or brand to sharing popular gifs or using filters on social media, there's no one medium that's the key to winning content. Marketing a brand or service is all about being strategic with the types of content you choose to use:
A few of the most popular forms you'll see are:
- Templates or checklists
- Polls or quizzes
- User guides
3 Content Creation Tips
While it's easy to rely on templates designed by run-of-the-mill content creators, sometimes you need a little more edge or a sprinkle of stardust with a piece of content.
Here are 3 of our favorite content marketing strategies that we've found useful:
- Be personable: Consumers love to feel like they have a personal connection with a brand. Give a behind-the-scenes look or share the human side of your team.
- Follow some trends, but not all of them: It can be fun and show that you're up to date with the latest style if you participate in a popular trend. If that's all you post, though, it can leave your audience wondering whether there's any substance. Find a balance between having fun on the job and hitting those important SEO must-haves.
- Offer an educational point of view: Whether it be a deep-dive into an industry process, blogging about where you started as a company and where you are today, or a neat infographic that provides insight into your business — sharing information is something that marketers worldwide use to reach niche-specific audiences.
Content creation is at the frontline of the digital world. It's how we communicate with our favorite brands, discover new businesses, and learn more about the things we care about. Need some help with yours? You've come to the right place.
Hi, we’re Verblio.
We create content for SEO and content marketing for every niche.