Thanks for checking out BlogMutt! Here’s what you’ll need to know:
BlogMutt is a new kind of blog writing service. We provide blog posts for businesspeople or agencies who have blogs, and just don’t have the time to write blog posts themselves. We have a huge variety of customers all over the world. They range from local contractors and retailers to high tech startups and large corporations.
Here’s how our system works for writers:
- You fill out the BlogMutt freelance writer application. It’s really simple: basically, you just provide some details so that we can verify that you are who you say you are and that you’re a U.S. citizen, and you take a quick test. You’ll also have to agree to our very simple and short terms of service.
- Once we approve you into our system you’ll get to see the writing opportunities we have available.
- You pick a customer that you want to write for and a topic that you’re interested in writing about, write up a post, and send it to that customer.
- After you do that, someone on our admin team reviews your work and makes sure it’s been proofread and formatted correctly. If you can follow instructions and write clean, grammatically correct posts that offer some value to our customers, you’ll be off and running.
One important note: our team is very small, so we can’t do much work with individual writers to get them up to speed. We don’t care if you have prior professional writing experience or you’re brand new to the game—we just need you to be able to independently proofread your own work, follow established grammatical rules, make sure everything is formatted correctly, and offer value to our customers. If you can do all that without much or any coaching, we want you on our team!
As you write more posts, you gain more points, and move up through a series of levels. At higher levels, you have the opportunity to write longer posts for higher pay.
What we offer that’s different from writing for the “content farms” is that there are no assignments, no deadlines, and the pay is straightforward. You can sign in and write whenever you want, you only write about topics you enjoy, and you know exactly what you’ll be paid based on how many of your posts are sold. There’s no black box with a mystery number that pops out at the end of the month.
If a customer of BlogMutt purchases your post, you get paid. That’s it.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here are a couple of writers’ perspectives on what it’s like to write for BlogMutt:
9 Reasons Why I Like Being A Writer For BlogMutt
What It’s Like Being A Writer For BlogMutt
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions from writers:
1. How much will I get paid, and how often will I get paid?
In the beginning, for every 250+ word post you write that is purchased by a customer, you get paid $8. As you write more and gain points, you get access to the higher-paying opportunities at higher word counts: $19 for 600+ words, $40 for 900+ words, and $72 for 1200+ words. We pay invoices of any amount (via PayPal only) every Monday. You can submit an invoice at any time during the week for any posts you have sold.
2. What kinds of customers will I be writing for?
One great thing about BlogMutt is the huge variety of customers we have. From tech, to marketing, to pets, to yoga, we’re pretty sure you’ll have no trouble finding someone to write for. (See list of industries we serve—it’s by no means an exhaustive list.)
3. Are there deadlines and assignments?
There are no deadlines and no assignments. You write only when you want, for whom you want.
4. Do I have to pay you in order to write for you?
No! On the contrary. We pay you to write for us.
So, apply today here. There’s no obligation, no fees, and no tricks. Once you are accepted as a writer and our staff determines that you’re a good fit after you write your first post, you’ll be able to write as many or as few posts as you like at any time, and on any day.
Oh, one other thing: Even though you’re ghostwriting and you won’t get a byline for posts you sell to our customers, we do make it easy for you to set up a public profile where you can put all the glowing comments you get from those customers about your work. Also, we have badges showing success as a professional writer, and an exclusive invite-only LinkedIn group, so you can let the world know of your success as a paid writer.
If you have any questions, feel free to write to us at Writers@BlogMutt.com.
Thanks for reading!