We are more alike than we are different
36% of our team attended INBOUND and 21% of our team attended Burning Man this year.
We were going to make a Venn diagram comparing the two, but then we realized it would look more like a solar eclipse than a Venn diagram. Sure, corporate branded t-shirts and LED-light up tutus are a world apart, but really, it’s all just people dressing alike to fit in.
Both events are kind of cult-like and you can’t help but get swept up. Drink the kool-aid, Burners and ‘Bounders, because we’re all in this together.
A close examination of the agendas for each event yielded similar findings.
INBOUND talk or Burning Man event?
- Creating a Unicorn
- Morning Meditative Flow
- Rediscover Your Lioness Within
- How to Find and Stand Out as Your Most Authentic Self
- Crafting Your Why: A Facilitated Session on Finding Your Why
- Creating True Connections in a World of Distraction and Disengagement
- Tech Communication is Art. Learn the Brush Strokes
- Craving Human Connection in a Digital World
- Co-Create: Creating Better Together
- Poop to Gold LIVE
Surprise! They’re all INBOUND talks. Dang, you marketing people are getting really woo these days.
Burning Man events that should be exported to INBOUND
- Eurotrash Sundown Sangria
- Nicholas Cage Coloring Chill Space
- Electrolytes & Salty Snacks
- Combobulation Station
- LIMINAL ASSASSINATION PARTY
- Oingo Boingo Butt Bongo Jam Therapy w/Bread
- Discovery Dungeon Tour
- Sassy Granny Invasion
- Lazer Maze Obstacle Course
- Circus Stilt Walking Lessons
- Kentucky Fried Breakfast – Bourbon and Bologna
- Pirate Yoga
Business card barf-off
Inevitably at either event you’ll get stuck in a 20 minute conversation with a woman named Butterfly or a man named Brent who has big ideas about lead-gen through heart-centered awareness. With robots. They’ll hand you a business card with an absurd title and you’ll just marvel at the state of the world.
Can you tell which event produced which titles below?
- Professional Weirdo
- Director of Buzz Development
- President and Visionary
- Rave Rocktor & Treasurer
- Chief Experience Officer
- Designer of Fun
2, 3, 6 – INBOUND
1, 4, 5 – Burning Man
In conclusion, we are all made of star stuff.